Quotes: 601-700

Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within the reach of every hand. 601
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

True friendship consists in mutually perfecting one another and drawing closer to God. 602
St. Teresita of the Andes

No, I am not a Saint; I've never performed the actions of a Saint. I'm a very little soul upon whom God has bestowed graces; that's what I am. What I say is the truth; you'll see this in Heaven. 603
St. Therese of Lisieux

One must erase the word discouragement from one's dictionary of love. 604
St. Elizabeth of the Trinity

When an action is blamable, let us excuse the intention. 605
St. Teresa Margaret Redi

How little known is the Merciful love of Jesus. 606
St. Therese of Lisieux

What does it profit you to give God one thing if he asks of you another? Consider what it is God wants, and then do it. You will satisfy your heart better than with something toward which you are inclined. 607
St. John of the Cross

It is only we who brood over our sins. God does not brood over them, God dumps them at the bottom of the sea. 608
St. Benedict

Love is the measure of our ability to bear crosses. 609
St. Teresa of Avila

May this be our prayer: "I do not want to turn my eyes from you, O God. There I want to stay and not move. No matter what happens to me, within or without. 610
St. Catherine of Genoa

It seems that the soul's good cannot be merited or gained through all the trials one can suffer on earth. This good is a gift from the Lord of Heaven and Earth who gives accordingly to who He is. 611
St. Teresa of Avila

O, my Jesus, I understand well that, just as illness is measured with a thermometer and a high fever tells us of the seriousness of the illness; so also, in the spiritual life, suffering is the thermometer which measures the love of God in a soul. 612
St. Faustina Kowalska

Patience is the companion of Wisdom. 613
St. Augustine

Even if Jesus lays on us some part of the Cross, He is there to help us bear it with self, sacrifice and love. 614
Blessed John XXIII

One way to call your mind easily back to God during your fixed prayer times and to hold it steadier, is to not let it take much flight during the rest of the day. 615
Brother Lawrence

When music is truly beautiful and inspired, it speaks to us more than all of the other acts of goodness, virtue and peace. 616
Pope John Paul II

He who fights even the smallest distractions faithfully, when he says even the smallest prayer, will also be faithful in great things. 617
St. Louis de Montfort

In times of aridity, when I am incapable of praying or practicing virtue, I seek little opportunities, mere trifles, to give pleasure to Jesus. For instance, a smile, a pleasant word when inclined to be silent and to show weariness. If I find no opportunities, I at least tell Him again and again that I love Him, that is not difficult and it keeps alive the fire in my heart. Even though this fire of love might seem extinct, I would still throw little straws upon the embers and I am certain that it would rekindle. 618
St. Therese of Lisieux

Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant count as nothing. 619
St. Therese of Lisieux

Idleness begets a life of discontent. It develops self-love, which is the cause of our miseries and renders us unworthy to receive the favors of divine love. 620
St. Ignatius Loyola

Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love? 621
Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

The good God does not need years to accomplish His work of love in a soul; one ray from His heart can, in an instant, make His flower bloom for eternity. 622
St. Therese of Lisieux

If obedience does not give you peace, it is because you are proud. 623
Blessed Josemaria Escriva

Love alone have I given to the Good God; with love he will repay me. 624
St. Therese of Lisieux

I wonder what the world would be like if there were not innocent people making reparation for us all? Today the Passion of Christ is being relived in the lives of those who suffer. To accept that suffering is a gift of God. Suffering is not a punishment. Jesus does not punish. Suffering is a sign--a sign that we have come so close to Jesus on the cross that he can kiss us, show us that he is in love with us by giving us an opportunity to share in his Passion. Suffering is not a punishment, nor a fruit of sin; it is a gift of God. He allows us to share in his suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. 625
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Time is but a shadow, a dream; already God sees us in Glory and takes joy in our eternal beatitude. How this thought helps my soul. I understand then why he lets us suffer. 626
St. Therese of Lisieux

Have mercy, O Lord, on my children, in my children. Call to mind your childhood. You who were a child. Let them that are like your childhood be saved by your grace. 627
St. Ephraem the Syrian

How happy I am to see myself imperfect and be in need of God's mercy. 628
St. Therese of Lisieux

Even though I had committed but one little sin, I should have ample reason to repent of it all my life. 629
St. Francis of Assisi

If we were to keep the imminence of our death in mind, we would never give in to sin, and we would forgive every person who offended us. 630
St. Athanasius

You can be sure you are a man of God if you suffer injustice gladly and in silence. 631
Blessed Josemaria Escriva

He will fulfill it if I don't put any obstacle in His way. 632
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

When I think of the happiness that is in store for me, every sorrow, every pain becomes dear to me. 633
St. Francis of Assisi

Know that the experience of pain is something so noble and precious that the Divine Word, who enjoyed the abundant riches of paradise, yet, because He was not clothed with this ornament of sorrow, came down from Heaven to seek it upon Earth. 634
St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi

Suffering passes; to have suffered willingly remains eternally. 635
St. Therese of Lisieux

If you spend one hour a day adoring your Lord and never do anything that you know is wrong, you will be fine. 636
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

So long as there are poor,
I am poor,
So long as there are prisons,
I am a prisoner,
So long as there are sick,
I am weak,
So long as there is ignorance,
I must learn the truth,
So long as there is hate,
I must love,
So long as there is hunger,
I am famished.
Such is the identification Our Divine Lord would have us make with all whom He made in love and for love. 637

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

It is within you that I must search for myself. 638
St. Elizabeth of the Trinity

God does not fit in an occupied heart. 639
St. John of the Cross

As for myself, I know no other means of reaching perfection but love. 640
St. Therese of Lisieux

There is no other remedy for this evil of giving up prayer than to begin again. 641
St. Teresa of Jesus

What a sweet joy to think God is just...that He takes into account our weaknesses. 642
St. Therese of Lisieux

God like the sun, stands above souls ready to communicate himself. 643
St. John of the Cross

I can nourish myself on nothing but the truth. 644
St. Therese of Lisieux

A much greater love and confidence in this Lord began when I saw Him as one with whom I could converse continuously. 645
St. Teresa of Jesus

The elevator that must lift me to heaven is your arms, O Jesus! For that I do not need to grow up; on the contrary, I must remain little and become ever more so. 646
St. Therese of Lisieux

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. 647
Mother Teresa

I have often been sorry for having spoken, but never for holding my tongue. 648
St. Arsenius

Say always, "My beloved Redeemer, how sweet it is to suffer for You." 649
St. Alphonsus Ligouri

We have nothing but our will. It is the only thing which has been so placed in our own power that we can make an offering of it to God. 650
St. John Vianney

Pride alienates man from heaven, humility unites us to heaven. 651
St. Bridget of Sweden

In prayer, more is accomplished by listening than by talking. Let us leave to God the decisions as to what shall be said. 652
St. Francis de Sales

What is to give light must endure burning. 653
Viktor Frankl

Whoever from deep within her noble and zealous heart wishes to take up the cross, let her first take up the arms necessary for such battles; first is diligence; second, distrust of self; third, confidence in God; fourth, memory of his Passion; fifth, memory of one's own death; sixth, memory of the glory of God; seventh and last, the authority of Holy Scripture following the example of Christ Jesus in the desert. 654
St. Catherine of Bologna

God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. 655
John Henry Cardinal Newman

First, let a little love find entrance into their hearts; and the rest will follow. 656
St. Philip Neri

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. 657
G.K. Chesterton

The sacrifice most pleasing to God is contrition of heart. 658
St. Eulogius of Cordova

I fear nothing for God is with me. 659
St. Joan of Arc

You don't have to be worthy; you only have to be willing. 660
St. Padre Pio

Do nothing at all unless you begin with prayer. 661
St Ephraem the Syrian

If you truly want to help the soul of your neighbor, you should approach God first of all with your heart. Ask him simply to fill you with charity, the greatest of all virtues; with it you can accomplish what you desire. 662
St. Vincent Ferrar

Entrust yourself entirely to God. He is a father and a most loving father at that, who would rather let Heaven and Earth collapse than abandon anyone who trusted in Him. 663
St. Paul of the Cross

God doesn't require us to succeed. He only requires that we try. 664
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

We ought to respect the image of God in everyone. It is there. 665
Blessed Rhaphaela Mary de Porras

God does not ask of us the perfection of tomorrow, nor even of tonight, but only of the present moment. 666
St. Madeline Sophie Barat

Take yourself off to the garden of olives or the foot of the cross, and stay there. Our Lord will speak to you; and you listen to Him. 667
St. Bernadette

Be great in little things. 668
St. Francis Xavier

Jesus did not promise to take away our burdens. He promised to help us carry them. 669
Joseph Cardinal Bernardin

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. 670
St Francis de Sales

Love is repaid by love alone. 671
St. Therese of Lisieux

I am a sinner, and I consider myself very fortunate to suffer something for the name of Jesus Christ. 672
Blessed Joan Antidea Thouret

It is good to think about our having our citizenship in Heaven and the saints of Heaven as our fellow citizens...Then it is easier to bear the things that are on Earth. 673
St. Edith Stein

Paradise once gained is gained forever. 674
Blessed Isidore de Loor

Our faults are like a grain of sand beside the great mountain of the mercies of the good God. 675
St. John Vianney

God hugs us. 676
Hildegarde of Bingen

O Christ, I unite my sufferings to yours, my pains with your pains, as I look at your head crowned with thorns. 677
St Rafqa Al-Rayes

We are humble only in so far as we are obedient. 678
St. Francis de Sales

To come to possess all, desire the possession of nothing. 679
St. John of the Cross

Humility, humility, and always humility. Satan fears and trembles before humble souls. 680
St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

Live each day as if dying. 681
St. Anthony of Egypt

Jesus does away with all our blame and looks upon us with pity and compassion, as innocent and beloved children. 682
Blessed Juliana of Norwich

It is best to first listen to others before we attempt to help them. 683
Father Peter Van Breemen, S.J

It is far better to talk to God than to talk about Him, for there is so much self love intermingled with spiritual conversations. 684
St. Therese of Lisieux

Beg God for the gift to love one another. Love all people, even your enemies, not because they are your brothers and sisters but so they may become such. 685
St. Augustine

If the only prayer you say in your life is "thank you", that would suffice. 686
Meister Eckhart

Thou hast given so much to me give one thing more-a grateful heart. 687
George Herbert

Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other--it doesn't matter who it is--and that will help you grow in greater love for each other. 688
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Respect the elders and love the young...if you have a disagreement with someone, make peace with them before the sun goes down. Finally, and importantly, never lose hope in God's mercy. 689
Rule of St. Benedict

There is nothing more powerful than a person praying well. 690
St. John Chrysostom

It is not the sinner who comes back to God to ask His pardon, but God Himself who runs after the sinner and who brings him back to Himself. 691
St. John Vianney

No one heals by wounding another. 692
St. Ambrose

Always live a life full of faith and trust, letting the Lord steer your boat and even sleep in it if He wants. 693
Blessed Maravillas of Jesus

I will be a success if when I stand at the beginning of eternity, God remembers my life on earth with a smile. 694
Donald X. Burt, OSA

During the course of the day, recollect as often as you can that you stand in the presence of God. Consider what He does and what you are doing. You will find His eyes turned towards you and perpetually fixed on you with an incomparable love. 695
St. Francis de Sales

Oh, how everything that is suffered with love is healed again! 696
St. Teresa of Avila

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. 697
St. Antoine de Exupery

The angels and the saints rejoice at the sight of men on earth who struggle, suffer and labor for the love of Christ. 698
Blessed Rafel Arnaiz Baron

Something can be done everywhere for the glory of God. 699
St. Clement Hofbauer

One of the things we absolutely owe our Lord is never to be afraid. 700
Venerable Charles de Foucauld
*************************
"Saints look at everything with God's eyes;
they measure their existence in God's light;
they do not give in to confusion
because they live in reality and truth."
Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

"I pray to God to bring us all together again in Heaven under the feet of the saints."
Venerable John Henry Newman

"The lives of the saints
are a model for the lives of the rest of men."
St. Ambrose

"Remember that you will derive strength
by reflecting
that the saints yearn for you to join their ranks;
desire to see you fight bravely,
and behave like a true knight in your encounters
with the same adversities which they had to conquer,
and that breathtaking joy is their eternal reward
for having endured a few years of temporal pain.
Every drop of earthly bitterness
will be changed into an ocean of heavenly sweetness."
Blessed Henry Suso